Moreton Bay Regional Council
DESIGN TEAM MEMBERS
Project Manager: Ridgemill Project Management
Architects: PDT Architects
Building Certifier: Certis Building Certification
The State Equestrian Centre was built in Caboolture and consisted of a main arena building, stables and support facilities.
There were a number of Building Code of Australia non-compliance issues which resulted as part of the design. These included –
- Separation of different classes of use within the same building;
- Rationalisation of the sprinkler system;
- Vehicular access surrounding the building for the fire brigade appliance; and
- Rationalisation of the smoke exhaust and fire detection system within the building.
- A fire engineered performance based solution was provided to resolve the non-compliance issues.