Carlton &United Breweries Ltd.
DESIGN TEAM MEMBERS
Engineers: McVeigh Consulting Engineers
Building Certifier: Gold Coast Building Certification Group.
Packaging hall and warehouse building were proposed to be constructed at the Carlton &United Breweries Limited Yatala Project site. The proposed area of new packaging hall including offices is about 6,000 m2 and warehouse is 25,000 m2 including offices and awnings. Non-conformance issues with the Deemed-to-Satisfy provisions were identified as follows –
- Extended travel distances in warehouse and packaging hall;
- Automatic smoke ventilation system in warehouse;
- Automatic fire/ smoke detection system and alarm system in warehouse based on the provision of smoke detection to high ignition risk areas i.e. electrical switch boards;
- Fire hydrants serving warehouse; and
- Fire hose reels serving warehouse.
Fire safety engineered alternative building solutions were proposed in order to meet the performance requirements of Building Code of Australia.