Structural Fire Engineering and Fire Engineering
DESIGN TEAM MEMBERS
Architects: BVN Architecture
Building Certifier: McKenzie Group
Structural Engineer: Odyssey Consulting Group
Service Engineers: Wood and Grieve
Civil Engineer: Calibre Consulting
Fire Check Consultants (FCC) were appointed to undertake a fire engineering assessment of the proposed building development.
Brisbane Racing Club (Stage 1) is a residential precinct located on the Eagle Farm Race course. The development is comprised of-
- An in-ground car park building comprising 2 levels for car parking;
- Two residential towers over the in-ground car parking building;
- Apartments and shared spaces only at ground floor (no retail zone);
- One residential tower comprising of 9 residential storeys.
- Second residential tower comprising of 12 residential storeys.
- Open roof top terrace on each tower.
One of the main design objectives of this development was to be consistent, in terms of fire safety, with similar recent building developments constructed at Portside Hamilton Wharf, and within Brisbane Central Business District. The project design methodology was to separate one tower from another and in-ground car park levels.
FCC presented a robust proposal for solutions to many non-compliance issues in order to comply with the Performance Requirements of the National Construction Code Volume One.